There are actually several secrets of gardening those giant chemical corporations, retailers, and pro gardeners never want you to know. These secrets are what make the garden a big success frugally. If you plan to be an avid gardener, you need to learn the following secrets to apply to your garden.
- You should process the moistened soil using microwave or an oven. Add two carts of the mix and microwave them for 10 minutes. You can also bake the mix in the oven for 30 minutes in 350 degrees of temperature and never use the potting soil.
- If you start planting with seeds, you should consider adding ground cinnamon powder on the soil to prevent damping.
- Cover your seed with plastic cup or drinking glass in upside down position. It protects your seeds from cold and it keeps the moisture.
- If you root a plant in water, it is recommended to add aspirin on it. It helps in root growth and water absorption.
- When you sow seed at the outdoors, sprinkle gelatin with flavors over the seeds. Then cover and water them as usual. Sugar in the gelatin feeds the soil helpful bacteria and the gelatin offers nitrogen for you plants.
- Know your soil types before deciding on an improvement or choosing plants. If you have moist soil, grab with your hand, give it a little squeeze and open your hands. If it crumbles but manages to keep the shape, give it a poke. If it has a loam, you have perfect soil. If it holds the shape but has nothing changed after the poke, it is dense but nutrient rich. If it falls apart, it is too sandy.
- Clothes dryer lint can be added to your compost pile to retain the moisture.
- Add some comfrey leaves to heat up your compost pile and make it composting faster.
- Never use bark nuggets for mulch as they make your plants nitrogen deficient.
- Used hops are great for mulching.
- Know your weeds. Peppergrass, pennygrass, and ironweed indicate that your soil is alkaline. Meanwhile plaintain, crabgrass, dock, and dandelions indicate that your soil is acidic.
Now, you have several small secrets that you should try to apply. It can be secrets at first yet it should develop into habits for you. Then, you will have the garden everyone will be envy about. Happy trying!